Simplifying Data Storage in the Cloud
A hybrid or multi-cloud world is the new reality for IT infrastructure. To manage its complexity, there are key elements that need to be considered.
A hybrid or multi-cloud world is the new reality for IT infrastructure. Companies need to keep pace with a fast-moving business environment and choose the public cloud for faster go-to-market, agility, and pay-as-you-go use of high-end scalable services. For example, services for Machine Learning, like Amazon Sagemaker, and Big Data analytics, like Amazon EMR, are helping businesses create differentiated products and new customer experiences.
Also, most IT organizations are striving to meet the “cloud-first” corporate imperative. The leap businesses need to take, is moving and storing their data in the public cloud. Let’s look at some of the factors involved.
All major cloud providers approach data storage differently. They offer discrete APIs and an array of storage tiers and redundancy options. Also, the combination of low/no data ingress fees and prohibitive data egress fees lock customers into a public cloud . The result is poor cloud-mobility and restricted inter-cloud access to your data. It is a Hotel California problem and leaves a lot to be desired from hybrid and multi-cloud strategies. Even worse, it encourages duplication of data across cloud providers, contributing to an expanded threat surface.
An ideal agile, hybrid/multi-cloud data strategy has the following characteristics:
- Data is decoupled from the underlying service infrastructure
- Policies are data-centric and applied centrally across all cloud environments
- Data sovereignty that goes beyond data residency
- Migration of data between platforms is non-disruptive for applications
- Comprehensive and audit-friendly reporting
It’s a complex strategy to execute and to help you manage this complexity, Leonovus has developed a unique multi-cloud data solution that brokers storage across clouds. Leonovus decouples data from the storage infrastructure and provides:
- A single common storage target for all data and applications
- Data-centric and customizable control, monitoring and placement of data through a single pane of glass.
- Easy and efficient on premises-to-cloud or cloud-to-cloud migration.
- A common customer-managed security platform with total control of the encryption keys.
- Blockchain-based chain-of-custody tool with audit-friendly reporting on data access.
Remember, each layer of your data management ecosystem – and the vendors within each – are evolving at varying rates. By adopting a data-centric storage strategy, you can deliver a simple and sustainable data storage solution for your business.
Learn more about how Leonovus helps to simplify your hybrid/multi-cloud data strategy by booking a free demo today.