Corporate governance mandates and regulatory compliance often dictate the retention of data for years, or even decades. These policies almost guarantee that the storage infrastructures in which data initially resides will not be the same at the end of the retention period.
Additionally, many jurisdictions require that you establish data sovereignty to ensure that customer or citizen data is not exposed outside their countries of residence. You may also want to ensure that sensitive corporate data is not exposed to foreign governments in response to subpoenas or data requests.
Another consideration is the frequent requirement to establish a strong chain of custody on sensitive data. A chain of custody means that you can prove who created, accessed, modified, and deleted data.
- Securing data subject to long-term retention requirements is a challenge. Data will likely ultimately reside in a different storage infrastructure than where it initially resided.
- True data sovereignty requires more than just storing data in local cloud provider regions. You must ensure that no individuals other than those authorized by you can access it.
- Maintaining a consistent chain of custody on your data is difficult over long periods of data retention that result in migration across storage infrastructure
Leonovus lets you retain data while adopting new storage infrastructure and strategies over time. Leonovus ensures that only authorized individuals have access to your data, and keeps a detailed, unchangeable record of all access. With these protections, you can embrace cloud storage and remain compliant with regulatory and corporate mandates.
Leonovus’ data-centric architecture future-proofs data retention. By establishing and maintaining long-term retention policies independent of the underlying infrastructure, Leonovus preserves and protects your data for as long as you need it on the storage infrastructure of your choice.
Leonovus ensures that no one cloud storage provider has enough of your data to reconstruct anything meaningful. Together with encryption keys you manage and the power to choose the cloud provider regions in which your data is stored, Leonovus ensure that you, alone, have access to your data.
- Comply with long-term data retention requirements by applying policy that transcends storage infrastructure
- Ensure that you, alone, have access to your data with true data sovereignty
- Maintain a strong chain of custody for your data by ensuring that is has not been tampered with and that you can prove who has had access to it